Balloon Sinuplasty (Sinus Surgery) in Rockwall, Forney & Wylie
Lakeside Allergy ENT is home to the best otolaryngologists in Texas. We provide a wide range of treatments for all types of ear, nose, and throat conditions, including many of the latest advances in ENT treatments such as Balloon Sinuplasty (balloon sinus surgery). Our ENT doctors serve patients of all ages at our three convenient locations in Rockwall, Forney, and Wylie TX.
If you suffer from chronic sinusitis, contact us today. Our board-certified otolaryngologists have years of experience performing ENT procedures, including Balloon Sinuplasty.
Request an appointment using the form on this page, or learn more about sinusitis and Balloon Sinuplasty below.
What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Balloon Sinuplasty is a minimally invasive sinus surgery that is performed for patients suffering from recurring or chronic sinusitis. It works by opening up blocked sinus passages and cleaning out built-up mucus that’s causing prolonged inflammation of the sinus lining. It is a safe and effective treatment option that delivers consistent and lasting symptom improvement.
When is a balloon sinus surgery recommended?
Balloon Sinuplasty may be performed for patients with:
- Chronic or recurrent sinusitis
- Sinusitis that has not responded to medications and other conservative therapies
- Sinusitis that occurs with or without allergies
- Sinusitis that occurs with or without a deviated septum
- Sinusitis that occurs after previous sinus surgery
What does balloon sinus surgery involve?
During Balloon Sinuplasty, our ENT doctors in Rockwall, Wylie & Forney treat inflamed sinuses with a small balloon catheter – using the same technique that heart surgeons use to open up blocked arteries during balloon angioplasty. The procedure is less invasive than traditional sinus surgery, while still being effective at relieving symptoms of chronic sinusitis. In many cases, Balloon Sinuplasty can be completed in-office.
Depending on your needs, your Lakeside ENT specialist will recommend either general or local anesthetic when performing the FDA-approved balloon sinus surgery. When local anesthesia is the best option, the procedure can typically be performed right in the doctor’s office.
Balloon Sinuplasty involves the following steps:
- Once anesthesia is administered, a small catheter is inserted through the nostril and into the area of the inflamed sinus.
- The balloon is then gently inflated to enlarge the blocked sinus opening. In some cases, a saline wash may be introduced in order to flush out the built up mucus in the inflamed sinus cavity.
- Once complete, the balloon will be deflated and carefully removed.
- The procedure effectively restructures the sinus opening and helps to prevent future blockage and sinus infections.
What are the advantages of Balloon Sinuplasty?
Balloon sinus surgery offers a number of advantages over traditional sinus surgery, including:
- Very short recovery time
- No negative side effects
- No cutting involved
- No removal of bone or tissue
- Return to normal activities sooner
- Long-term symptom improvement
- Does not limit future treatment options, including sinus surgery
Lakeside Allergy ENT is home to three board-certified otolaryngologists who specialize in diagnosis and treatment of all ear, nose and throat related disorders, including sinusitis that requires surgical treatment. If you are suffering from the symptoms of chronic sinusitis and you want to learn more about Balloon Sinuplasty, call our office at 972-771-5443 or get started by requesting an appointment using the form on this page.